Bedwetting alarms have been shown to be very effective in treating primary nocturnal enuresis (urinary incontinence) and a majority of children stop wetting the bed after using bedwetting alarms for 10-15 weeks. An enuresis alarm often called a bedwetting alarm is an electronic device that is used as a treatment option for overcoming bedwetting.
There are two types of bedwetting alarms: buzzing and audio alarms. The principle is that a special moisture sensor placed on the child’s underwear/pajama or bed-pad triggers a buzzer or bell to go off at the start of urination. A wire runs from the sensor to an audible alarm, which is attached to the shoulder of a toddler’s underwear. When the sensor detects urine, it triggers an alarm. The child then awakens, shuts off the alarm, goes to the toilet, empties his or her urinary bladder, returns to the bedroom, wipes down the sensor, resets the alarm, and returns to sleep.
Wireless bedwetting alarms are also available that vibrate when they sense moisture. Wireless bedwetting alarms are suited to the needs of those children who don’t want to wear a sensor unit directly inside the underwear. A wireless bedwetting alarm does not make use of a separate sensor, instead a micro-wire that is built into the machine washable underwear and a tiny transmitter which connects to the outside of the pants. Because unit is wireless and silent, only the wearer is aware when the alarm goes off. This may be an issue especially if parents need to be alerted about a bedwetting event.
Several different varieties and brands of bedwetting alarms are available on the market with significant differences among models.
What is Bedwetting?
Bedwetting affects five to seven million children in the U.S. Find out all about bedwetting—its types, causes and impact on children.Read More
Bedwetting in Children
Many children suffer from bedwetting. Though it is stressful and frustrating, bedwetting is common and treatable.
Impact of Bedwetting
Bedwetting impacts both the children and their families in many ways. Find out how bedwetting impacts families and what you can do to better manage bedwetting.Read More
Types of Bedwetting Alarms
Bedwetting Alarms is one of the most effective treatment options. Compare different types of alarms and their unique features here.Read More
Dealing with a bedwetting child is challenging. Here are some ideas to help you manage bedwetting better.
How Bedwetting Alarms Work
There many bedwetting alarms available today that can stop bedwetting. Find out how different alarms work to treat bedwetting.Read More
- Open in Twitter Potty Training Child @PottyTraining77 When Child Feels Stupid for Bedwetting #pottytraining #bedwetting https://t.co/wjHvn85L0K https://t.co/7p5LPAGRFD 29 minutes ago
- Open in Twitter Potty Training Child @PottyTraining77 Bedwetting and Laziness, Are They Related? #pottytraining #bedwetting https://t.co/xXLREZhSir https://t.co/FUY7WPsY8H 33 minutes ago
- Open in Twitter Potty Training Child @PottyTraining77 Many Children Are Shamed by Bedwetting #pottytraining #bedwetting https://t.co/YFJynVJTYP https://t.co/F80JFc8oMS 55 minutes ago
- Open in Twitter Potty Training Child @PottyTraining77 Potty Watch produced by PottyTime #pottytraining #bedwetting https://t.co/hPCDRLOlry https://t.co/mLsywwETEi 1 hour ago
- Open in Twitter Potty Training Child @PottyTraining77 “Bedwetting Gives My Mom Lots of Work to Do” #pottytraining #bedwetting https://t.co/oN8TJYhfkY https://t.co/A6UCgqjq92 2 hours ago
- Open in Twitter Potty Training Child @PottyTraining77 Wetting The Bed Affect Psychologically #pottytraining #bedwetting https://t.co/gds9uj6ykE https://t.co/JHAD4FsKl3 2 hours ago
- Open in Twitter Potty Training Child @PottyTraining77 I Wet The Bed Again, Will It Lasts Forever? #pottytraining #bedwetting https://t.co/HHPkL01EhJ https://t.co/7m98h0h7CP 2 hours ago
- Open in Twitter Bedwetting Doctor @BedwettingDoc Download our User Guide for the Malem Bed-Side MO6 bedwetting alarm here https://t.co/aPmsWMc31l #bedwetting… https://t.co/qctRKvd7lr 2 hours ago
- Open in Twitter Malem Medical @MalemMedical The Malem Deluxe has sounds & recordable message + vibration + volume control + light #MalemDeluxe #bedwetting… https://t.co/QPvhh6TGGJ 2 hours ago
- Open in Twitter Potty Training Child @PottyTraining77 Child May Feel Bad After Bedwetting #pottytraining #bedwetting https://t.co/hV3g4u7hYQ https://t.co/QHINFhTBV7 2 hours ago