Like any other childhood problem, bedwetting can be very stressful and frustrating for children as well their parents. Treating bedwetting is not impossible. However, it requires patience and commitment from both the bedwetting child and parents.
Here are few tips and ideas that can help you manage bedwetting better.
- Begin by talking to your bedwetting child’s pediatrician. This is the single most important bedwetting advice you can get. Ensure that there is no medical condition.
- Encourage your child to have plenty to drink, particularly during the day, but limit the fluid intake at night, after dinner. Although there is little data to support this approach, many parents find it an easy way to treat bedwetting.
- Lifting is a technique parents use to help bedwetting children stay dry is to take them to the bathroom a few hours after they go to sleep.
- Bladder therapy is doctors recommended and includes bladder-stretching exercises. The goal is to help bedwetting child hold back urine as long as possible so they can sleep dry at night.
- Using a bedwetting alarm to treat bedwetting. It is one of the safest and most effective ways to stop bedwetting in children.
- Bedwetting medications are often recommended by doctors to treat bedwetting. These bedwetting medications are taken before bedtime and are often used in conjunction with a bedwetting alarm. The effects of bedwetting medications are not long lasting and most bedwetting children often relapse when medication is stopped.
- Encourage a good night’s sleep. A restful sleep without interruptions is best for your bedwetting child. Waking your child to go to the toilet during the night will not help solve the problem.
- Shower or bathe your child before you let them go to pre-school or school. The smell of urine is very strong and can hang around. This may make your child feel embarrassed and lead to other problems, such as teasing and name-calling at school.
- Encourage your child to have plenty to drink, particularly during the day, but limit the fluid intake at night, after dinner.
- Discourage your child from drinking caffeinated drinks in the evenings (e.g. chocolate or cola drinks).
What is Bedwetting?
Bedwetting affects five to seven million children in the U.S. Find out all about bedwetting—its types, causes and impact on children.Read More
Bedwetting in Children
Many children suffer from bedwetting. Though it is stressful and frustrating, bedwetting is common and treatable.
Impact of Bedwetting
Bedwetting impacts both the children and their families in many ways. Find out how bedwetting impacts families and what you can do to better manage bedwetting.Read More
Types of Bedwetting Alarms
Bedwetting Alarms is one of the most effective treatment options. Compare different types of alarms and their unique features here.Read More
Dealing with a bedwetting child is challenging. Here are some ideas to help you manage bedwetting better.
How Bedwetting Alarms Work
There many bedwetting alarms available today that can stop bedwetting. Find out how different alarms work to treat bedwetting.Read More
- Open in Twitter Potty Training Child @PottyTraining77 Looking for Potty Songs for Your Child #pottytraining #bedwetting https://t.co/qtTOUm4itq https://t.co/UXYeNsAf3t 16 minutes ago
- Open in Twitter Potty Training Child @PottyTraining77 Prepare For Potty Training Sessions #pottytraining #bedwetting https://t.co/noDhoRX2Vb https://t.co/yzN7FjFimM 33 minutes ago
- Open in Twitter Potty Training Child @PottyTraining77 How To Start Potty Training Your Child #pottytraining #bedwetting https://t.co/xh8zmblncg https://t.co/Tnr4sc7zLJ 47 minutes ago
- Open in Twitter Potty Training Child @PottyTraining77 Potty Training in 3 Days Method #pottytraining #bedwetting https://t.co/X08IAnZJ1b https://t.co/4Frrqruyun 1 hour ago
- Open in Twitter Potty Training Child @PottyTraining77 7 Tips To Help You With Toddler Potty Training #pottytraining #bedwetting https://t.co/Ixhlcy5cMh https://t.co/qWs3iuHTke 1 hour ago
- Open in Twitter Potty Training Child @PottyTraining77 Getting Started With Baby Potty Training #pottytraining #bedwetting https://t.co/r5a4mdC3W2 https://t.co/6rg0PrcNcy 2 hours ago
- Open in Twitter Conservative Warrior @OZ69stang As the #LooneyLeft Hyperventilate with Confected rage, this is their only retort. Poor #BedWetting #Lefties.… https://t.co/EcW0wqxiPD 2 hours ago
- Open in Twitter Potty Training Child @PottyTraining77 Personalized Potty Chart For Your Child's Needs #pottytraining #bedwetting https://t.co/EhwTAayB4V 2 hours ago
- Open in Twitter Malem Medical @MalemMedical Malem Golden Rules #4: The child should drink as much as they like #goldenrules #malemmedical #bedwetting… https://t.co/h2UKbuXC0X 2 hours ago
- Open in Twitter Potty Training Child @PottyTraining77 Best Potties For Your Toddler #pottytraining #bedwetting https://t.co/Cq8t5tVOXX https://t.co/wNOMtjfl9l 2 hours ago